WordPress has evolved a lot over the years but at its core it is still a blogging platform this causes a lot of weird settings to be active upon install if you are making a site not a blog, these things are time consuming(not loads of time but defiantly a drag to do if i have to do them every time i start a site for a client) and i will endeavour to create a plugin/script to automatically do them one i get my head around the list of issues more comprehensively.
I am going to start with a few quick tips as i cant think of a better way to start.
I will link to them as there complete.
- Make the Front page Static
- Make custom page templates
- Include jQuery (how to work with it)
- Load up the current settings
- turn off rss
- Any other suggestions are welcome.